This Statement of Faith shall never, in any way be changed under the name of:
Morning Star Independent Baptist Church
1. We believe the Holy Scriptures: accepting fully the writings of the Old and New Testaments as the inerrant Word of God, verbally inspired in all parts and therefore altogether sufficient as our only infallible and authoritative rule of faith and practice. We use and lecture with the Authorized Version (King James) Bible. Isaiah 40:8; Psalm 119:89; II Tim. 3: 16-17; II Peter 1:19-21.
2. We believe in the One True God: the source, Support and End of all things, eternally existent in three Persons, Father-Creator; Son-Savior; Holy Spirit-Administrator. Gen. 1:1; Ex. 15:11; John 10:30; John 15:26.
3. We believe in the deity and humanity of the Lord Jesus Christ: Who is the second Person of the Triune God, Who was virgin born, and lived a perfect life under the Law of God while on earth, and through Him, He satisfies all the demands of the Holiness of God the Father, and is the only One who could atone for all sin. John 1:1; Gal. 4: 4-5; Phil. 2:6-10.
4. We believe in the Holy Spirit: Who is the third person of the Triune God, complete deity, who convicts the sinner, regenerates the one who will believe, indwells seals, instructs, reproves, and guides the believer; that He fills and controls every believer's life that is completely yielded to Him. John 3:5; 14:16-17; 16:7-14; Rom. 8:9; I Cor. 12:13; II Cor.3:18; Eph. 1:13; 5:13.
5. We believe that man is totally Depraved: a sinner both by nature and by practice, therefore estranged from God, totally lost, and in need of the conviction and regenerating ministry of the Holy Spirit, - a "born-again experience." Gen. 1:27; Psalms 51:5; Rom. 3:23; Rom. 5:12,19; Gal. 3:11.
6. We believe that Salvation is by Grace through Faith: it is a gift of God not of any work at all. That this gift is offered to all men of all races, and that "whosoever will" can become a son of God by a personal relationship with Jesus Christ through faith and repentance, plus nothing, unto unfeigned obedience to the Holy Law which is one great end of the Gospel and that means of grace connects that believer to the invisible church, which is the true body of Christ. Eph. 2:8-9; Eph. 5:32; John 1:12; 3:14-16; Titus 3:5; I John 5:13.
7. We believe in Righteous Living and Godly Works: not as a means of salvation, but as a proper evidence and fruit that one is saved. To live a godly spirit filled life with an intimate relationship and fellow ship with Christ. This will come through seeking the things which are above, walk as He walked, accept as our solemn responsibility the duty and privileges of bearing the Gospel to a lost and dying world, remembering that a victorious and fruitful Christian life is possible only for those who in gratitude for the infinite and undeserved mercies of God have presented themselves completely to Christ. Eph.2:10; Rom. 12:1-2; Phil. 2:16.
8. We believe in the person and personality of Satan: who originally was created a holy and perfect being, but through pride and wicked ambition rebelled against God. Leader of all fallen angels and wicked spirits, the deceiver and god of this age and present world. Had is judgment at the cross of Calvary, and shall have his eternal destruction in lake of fire. Isaiah 14:12-15; Eph. 6:12; I Peter 5:8; I John3:8; Rev. 12:9-11; 20:10.
9. We believe in the Second Coming of Christ: that is two-fold, the first part of the advent will occur when He raptures His Church (privately), this is the Church's blessed hope, the second part of the Advent will occur when He will set up His kingdom literally (personally), for to rule and reign for one thousand years. I Thess. 4:13-18; Jam. 5:8; Heb. 10:37; Jude 14-15; Rev. 19:11-16; 20:4-7.
10. We believe in the Future life, Bodily Resurrection and Eternal Judgment: that the believer is secured in the Christ by His power, and that at the appointed hour of death the save go immediately to be with Christ in Heaven, their works will be tried at the Judgment Seat of the Christ for the determination of rewards. The souls of the unsaved at death will descend immediately into Hell where they will under punishment await the final Day of Judgment. I Cor. 15; II Cor. 5:8-10; Rev. 20:10
11. We believe in the Separation of Church and State: that the state should have no power over the church, but that the church should deal with the state according to biblical principles found in the Scriptures. We believe that civil government is of divine origin, for the interest and good order of human society and that magistrates are to be prayed for, conscientiously honored and obeyed; except only in things opposed to the will of our Lord Jesus Christ. Mt. 22:21; Mt.23:10; Acts 5:29; Mt. 10:28; Rom.13:1-7.
12. We believe in the Priesthood of all Believers: that Christ is our Great High Priest and through him every born again person has direct access into God's presence without the need of a human priest; that the believer has the privilege and responsibility to personally study and interpret the Scriptures as guided by the Holy Spirit. John 14:6; I Tim. 4:13-16; II Tim. 2:15.
13. We believe in Marriage of one husband and one wife; that this is ordained and its origin came from God the Father in the beginning. That this sacred institution is blessed by God and the church through its union, that it is reserved to man and woman; (not man and man or woman and woman) and this union is inseparable unless sin is involved and is forbidden in a unequal yoke for believer and unbeliever by God the Father. Gen 2:24;Mt. 5:32; Mk 10:5-12; Rom 7:2; I cor. 7:10-11; II Cor. 6:14; Heb. 13:4.
14. We believe that the End of the Age is approaching; that at the last day Christ will descend from heaven, and raise the dead from the grave to final retribution; that a solemn separation will then take place; that the wicked will be adjudged to endless punishment, and the righteous to endless joy, and that a New Heaven and a New Earth will be established and that the eternal state will be forever and ever. John 5:28-29; Acts 1:11; Acts 24:15; I Peter 4:7; Rev. 21:1-5.